Filter head replacement:
The installation of the new filter head is easy and only takes a few minutes.
Please follow the instructions below for the filter exchange:
1. Unpack new filter and filter head
2. Close the shut-off valve and depressurize old filter via flush button on the filter. Use a container to catch access water from gray hose next to the filter.
3. Remove the old filter from the water system. Then detach old filter head from the supply lines. You might need an adjustable crescent wrench to loosen the nut.
4. Connect the water supply line to the new filter head according to the flow direction arrow
indicated on the side of the filter head. Connect the blue PEX hose which is attached to the back of the chiller. Re-use the john-guest push fitting from your old filter head (white plastic attachment previously attached to the blue PEX hose).
5. Then gently screw the filter head onto the filter. Make sure you don't damage the 0-ring when screwing on the filter.
6. Turn the water supply back on and check for leaks.
7. Perform a mandatory filter reset by holding down the left button on the chiller for three seconds. Release then press again to where the display reads 99. Next, press the middle button to match your filter size with the water system. See filter reset instructions provided with your GROHE Blue® water system for filter codes.
Please visit YouTube to view an installation video:
The filter head only needs to be changed once. After you have replaced the filter head in your GROHE Blue® water system, you will need to order one of the following individual filters in the future:
Filter name I Product#
Grohe Blue carbon filter for regular water hardness SizeS (6001): 40404001
Grohe Blue carbon filter for regular water hardness Size M (15001): 40430001
Grohe Blue carbon filter for regular water hardness Size L (30001): 40412001
Grohe Blue carbon filter for low water hardness (30001): 40547001